Monday 11 July 2011

I give up - for the moment!

For the last 1,5 years, I've been trying to study for a master in "European Modern History & Literatur". Although I was well aware, that it would take me years to complete it, I was still confident that I could make it. I have to admid, that I was wrong.
My work as a Tango teacher & DJ, my blogging activities and several other interests do not allow me to spend enough time to seriously progress in this degree programm. I can only concentrate on so much at a time. I'm sad about this decision, but I have to let it be for the moment. 
Once I'm done with Tango, I'm going to pursue the task of becoming a Master of History anew. But for the moment, I will confine myself in studying history just for the fun of it. And that's actually not so bad, as it leaves me the time, to read what I want to read and not what I'm supposed to read! ;-)

3 comments:

cassiel said...

Real passion needs no studies!

[Maybe it's a painful decision for the moment, but things will be better in future.]

Wish you all the best!!!

c.

Damian Thompson said...

Well, if the heart is not in it, nor is the head.

Melina Sedo said...

Danke Cassiel!

As for the heart: it was in it. Definitely. But I'm just not free enough to invest time in it. The decision was very spontaneous in the end, when I discovered, that I started having a bad conscience after a day of work for my job for not working MORE for my studies... And every minute, I tried to relax (and those are not often) were shadowed by the bad conscience as well...

So. That's it. For the moment! ;-)